India Visa Photo Requirements
Whenever you are applying for a passport anywhere in the world, for the surety and validity of your identity a photograph is considered as a necessity. So you also need to have your photographs for applying for an Indian Visa too. There are some standard dimensions and other specifications that you have to take notes on.Indiaevisa.info Photos is used for obtaining such visa photos having all the requirements that are necessary for the passport photograph. For more information you may click on the Quick Facts section which will provide you every specification regarding your photograph.
The photograph specifications are described as follows:
- The size of the photograph should be 51mm*51mm or 2*2 inches.
- Natural colored picture is preferred so that your skin tone is clearly visible.
- The position of head should be in centre for about 35mm to 40mm size.
- Your photograph should not be older than 6months.
- A plain white and solid designed background is preferred.
- Facial expressions must be neutral (no smile).
- Your eyes should be opened and looking directly into the camera. Make sure you do not blink while capturing.
- Only spectacles/prescription glasses are allowed.
- Headgear only for regional purposes is allowed but it does not include covering your face.
- Photograph size should be 10KB to 100KB with respect to 350*350 (minimum) and 1000*1000 (maximum) pixels.
- You are allowed to wear casual clothes for your photograph but professional clothing is more preferred. Casual clothes may involve plain colors and please avoid multicolored or printed clothes as well.
- There are no restrictions for face appearance like beard, moustache etc but your hair must be tied up so that your face looks clear in the picture.
- You are asked to provide two of your photographs in the application.
Aside from the standard specifications, here are some rules and guidelines regarding Indian passport photo and visa photo which are mentioned below:
- Any kind of application whether it is passport or visa, the number of photographs should be two for each person
- You are not allowed to provide black/white, filtered or old photographs.
- Make sure to provide photographs in high quality-paper and it should not be crinkled, torn or creased.
- Dusty or scratchy photographs will be rejected so be sure about the quality of your image.
- Your photograph must be in portrait format not landscape.
- None of the multiple colors or designs are allowed for the photograph background.
- Do not adjust the color saturation, keep it natural.
- Your eyes need to be visible clearly so make sure you do not wear any glasses unless they are prescribed ones.
- If there are any shadows present on your photograph caused by hair, glasses or flash of camera then it will be rejected immediately.
- If your photograph shows red-eye then you must keep on retaking it unless the red-eye disappears.
- Your photograph must be of yours only, no other person or any object can be involved.
- Keep your face neat and try to keep your hair tied up.
- There is no need of any effects to be added in the photograph, it should be clear with normal light.
- A blurry photograph will never be accepted.
- Keep your clothing appropriate.
Photograph rules for Infants
We are well aware of the fact that children, infants or newborn babies are quite difficult to handle in case of photography. Due to this reason India permits some exceptions and provides relaxation for the passport/visa photographs for little ones. Make sure the quality of the picture should be equal to what is mentioned above. Apart from that, here are some different yet specific exceptions of photographs used in passport and visa that are defined below:
- There is no restriction for children who are under 12 months to keep their eyes open in the photograph.
- It does not matter if children are not completely in center of the photograph.
- To hold the children into a proper position, hands or objects must not be visible. They should be covered by a white sheet.
- No toys or other objects are allowed in the photograph.
- It is necessary to keep the eyes open for children less than 10 years of age.
- You should try to square the head and shoulders of the child with his photograph.
The online service to get your visa and passport is relatively easier than having it manually. It makes a lot of difference when it comes to pricing the photographs. Using the online you are provided with two photographs within 432 Indian Rupees. This price is the same for both visa and passport photographs. When you are submitting an online application, while uploading your photograph you can easily perform a lot of retakes to fulfill your satisfaction. By doing it traditionally or manually, you would be submitting dues again and again to have the perfect photograph. Everybody wants to save their time and money from wherever it can be saved. The Internet is the biggest facility for us in the world of today so why not avail it? Indiaevisa.info provides you a way through which you can get your photographs cheaper, easier and in a quick timely manner. The quality of the photograph is ensured by Indiaevisa.info. You are surely going to save a bunch of your time and money while using an online system to get your photos done.
Here is a sample of a photograph that is 100% acceptable by the application form
Some samples of photographs that would not be acceptable are the following: