Indian e-Business Visa
Indian e-Business Visa
In what is described as a very laudable move to ease business operations in India among non-indigenes, as expected, and in support of the country’s growing economy, the business category visa is available for the fast, online processing route by the bureau of immigration. This e-business visa allows foreigners from eligible countries/territories who intend to visit India for the purpose of business-related meetings, or setting up a business entity, or for shopping purposes, and any other business activity to bypass the long route of having to physically present themselves for a visa at the India consulate or embassy of their countries, with the possibility of making use of this fast and convenient online platform. With a validity period of 365 days (1 year) from the date your Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is issued, the e-business visa allows for multiple entries and a maximum single stay of 180 days.
Eligibility criteria for Indian E-business visa
To be eligible to apply for the e-business, you must from any of these 165 countries. Note that only the following groups are considered for e-business visa, travelers who;
- Have to participate in tech nical and business meetings.
- Wants to participate in trade fairs or exhibitions in India.
- Intend to a business or industrial ventures in the country.
- Are invited by any institute under the Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN) to deliver lectures.
- Are in India for the purpose of recruitment or to buy and sell.
Documents needed to apply for an Indian E-business visa
While applying for this category of visa, you are required to provide the following documents for ease of application:
- Passport photograph (colored passport with white background, less than 3MB in size, must be in either JPG, PDF or PNG format).
- Scanned copy of your passport’s information page (same specification as above).
- In some cases, an introduction or appointment letter showing the purpose of your travel and a business card or visiting card could be part of the visa requirement in some other instances
- For a traveler invited to deliver lectures, a letter of invitation issued by the host, a copy of the courses’ synopsis and a copy of the sanction order issued by the coordinating institute will be required.
Indian e-Business visa application process
Follow us as we provide you with a very easy approach to apply for the Indian E-business visa:
- Completing the online application form
Here on evisa-indian.com, you can apply for your e-business visa. In order to furnish the government with all the needed details to aid your application and avoid any rejection or review, the following information will be required:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Visible identification marks
- Email address
- Applicant(s) full name (as it appears on their passport)
- Applicant(s) date and place of birth, gender, and nationality
- International passport information (issue and expiry dates, and passport number)
- Expected arrival date
- Additional yes or no questions
- Preferred port of arrival
- Passport size photograph
- Additional medical record (if needed)
- Apply for the India self-declaration form
- Review all information provided
- Pay and confirm payment of all fees for the category you selected. This can be done using debit/credit card or a PayPal account. Please note that aside from the application fees, a token service charge of -------- will be paid.
- Check your email to receive your approved India e-business visa and self-declaration form.
- You are ready for your business trip to India
- Be ready for your India trip. The two documents alongside your passport will be presented as an authorized permit to allow you entry into India.
- Entry stamp on your passport.
Other things travelers must note concerning their e-business visa application
- You are required to apply for your e-business visa not later than 4 days and not more than 120 days before you enter India.
- Apart from our service fees, your application will require payment of an application fee which depends on your country/territory.
- An incomplete application can be saved and revisited at a later time from where you stopped to complete the application.
- Your e-business visa application status can be tracked.
- An e-business visa holder can enter India only through the twenty-eight (28) authorized airports and five (5) authorized seaports. Click here to see the designated ports. Travelling documents will be presented at your chosen landing port, and your passport stamped with your e-visa.
- The cost of application varies from free in countries like Argentina to around $102 for American citizens.
FAQs Relating To India e-Business Visa Application
Yes, there are. Even though your visa allows for multiple entries, you can only stay in India for a maximum of 180 days at a stretch. Any attempt to stay beyond the 180 days will require you to register such intention with the FRRO/FRO concerned after two weeks of exceeding your 180 days stay window.
Your e-business visa can be ready in 24 hours, but from the immigration office’s timeline, a maximum of 4 days is advised.
No, while that is the minimum allowable duration, you can make applicable as early as 120days before your proposed travel date.
No, your only business is to present your generated e-business visa confirmation.
A card issued to you by the company you are working for, or an official letter from the company introducing you to the immigration officer (preferably on company’s letter headed paper with company’s information, phone number, email and physical addresses).
No, an expired visa will not be tenable to make your business trip.
No, once the e-visa processing fees and charges have been paid, you cannot be refunded. Making use of our service painstakingly via evisa-indian.com will ensure that your e-business visa application is not rejected.
Yes. And note that you will also be required to provide supporting documents to that effect.
If your country is not listed here, you don’t have to worry. While you will not be able to enjoy the fast processing time and convenience of the e-business visa, you may consider applying for a visa using the standard, non-electronic method.
The complete processing time can be up to four (4) working days and can be as fast as a day. All the same, it's a quick and efficient process. With our online application portal, it takes only a few minutes to submit an application.
Unfortunately no, you can't. The government of India only allows only international passport holders to apply for the e-business visa. Diplomatic passport and other international travel documents are not allowed.
No, an e-business visa is a tenable for taking up employment or for working in India.