Indian e-Emergency Visa
Emergency Visa to India
Emergencies and an unplanned visit to India may become necessary for various reasons, including the need to seek urgent medical attention, or a need to support a sick relative, the death of a family member, unplanned legal issues, among other things might necessitate a quick and unplanned trip to India. The government of India through the bureau of immigration has a visa for such purpose. Here are some things to know about the Indian emergency e-visa application:
- All other documents needed for the normal e-visa are also required for an Emergency e-visa.
- In some cases, application and approval can be completed in less than 24 hours.
- If the immigration office considers your application as an emergency, processing can be done even on weekends. However, these exceptions do not apply to India’s National holidays.
- All Emergency visa applications are subject to approval from the designated officers.
- While the Indian emergency e-visa can be mailed to applicants between 24 and 72 hours, it may come at a higher cost than what is obtainable for non-emergency situations.
- For Emergency e-medical visa, you will be required to provide supporting documents from the hospital.
- You will be allowed to arrive at a closer, less busy airport to your destination to fast-track your landing.
- Click here to see the list of the 165 countries whose citizens are eligible to apply for India urgent e-visa.
Eligible Countries for Indian e-Emergency Visa
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can, in situations that the visa office deems as an emergency, you can apply for and get an emergency visa. Such include needing to seek urgent medical attention, or a need to support a sick relative, the death of a family member, unforeseen legal issues, among others.
In some cases, Indian emergency e-visa application and approval are usually completed in less than 24 hours. And in extreme cases, maximum of 72 hours.
Yes, you can. Provided all your supporting documents are available and tenable.
Yes, if your application is genuinely urgent, complete and meritorious, the visa office can get your visa ready in 24 hours or less.
We can help you get your Indian visa fast, click here to fill your application form. You will be required to provide all documents to support your emergency travelling. Payment will be made subsequently, and if your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail after few hours (between 24 and 72 hours) bearing your Indian emergency e-visa.
First, note that a fast visa to India is not available for all categories of travelers neither is it available to all countries in the world. A visit for tourism, academic, family or business purpose is usually not accepted as an emergency visit. Designated officers in the bureau of immigration check all emergency application for merit.