Documents Required for Indian e-Visa
The government of India announced electronic visas for over 165 nationalities. With the new India e visa system. Eligible travelers can obtain travel authorization for tourism, business, Conference and medical treatment purposes. However, to get the online Indian visa, travelers need to fulfill specific criteria. This includes uploading essential documents. The requirement of documents varies according to the type of visa required. Some documents are mandatorily needed regardless of the type of visa. This article will inform you about the essential documents required to apply for an Indian e-visa.
Applicant's Digital Photograph:
A digital photograph of the applicant is the most important document that every traveler needs to upload when applying for Indian visa application. The photo may be taken with a phone camera or a digital camera. You must ensure that your full-frontal view is visible in the photograph. Ideally, the photo should be taken against a plain white or light-colored background.
The applicant's head must be in the center, and there should not be any glare or shadow on the face or the background. Moreover, the photo must show the everyday look of the applicant. If you do not sport a beard, do not get yourself photographed with a beard. It may create an issue during the identity verification process. Read more about India visa photo requirements. Similarly, if you usually wear spectacles, you can wear them for your visa photo as well. But make sure to avoid wearing large-sized or tinted spectacles. Headgear is allowed if it is part of your everyday attire or is a religious requirement.
Other guidelines for the digital photograph include:
- The photo must be uploaded in JPG, PNG, PDF format.
- The photograph must be up to 3MB in size.
- The photograph must not be more than 6 months old.
Scanned Copy of the Passport:
Your passport is the most vital travel document that will be required when submitting your Indian visa application form. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of entering India for tourism, business, Conference or medical treatment purposes. Moreover, it must contain at least two blank pages.
Apart from providing passport-related details in the visa application form, you will need to upload a scanned image of its biography page. Usually, it is the first page of the passport that holds the applicant's photograph and all personal details. Here are the guidelines for the passport scan to be uploaded with other visa documents.
- The image must be clear, colored, and not blurred.
- The file should be in JPG, PNG, or PDF format.
- File size must not exceed the maximum limit of 3 MB.
- The Passport biographical page should be clearly visible in the image.
Documents Required for Business e-Visa:
In case you want to apply for Indian business visa, it is essential to upload some other documents along with the passport's scan and a personal photograph. Here are all the details about the necessary support documents for business e-visa.
- A business card or visiting card of the applicant
- If a business/visiting card is unavailable, then upload a recommendation letter from the organization or company to justify the purpose of travel to India.
- The documents must be in JPG, PNG, or PDF format only.
- The maximum size for each document must not exceed 3MB.
The applicant will have to answer some questions about the sending and receiving companies.
Documents Required for E-Medical Visa:
If you want to apply for the Indian e medical visa, additional supporting documents are required apart from the passport scan and photograph. Here's what you need to provide:
- A letter written or printed on the Indian hospital's letterhead describing that the applicant is advised to receive specialized medical treatment.
- The document should be uploaded only in PDF, JPG, or PNG format.
- The maximum allocated size for the document is 3MB.
Moreover, there will be a separate section related to the hospital in India in the visa application form, which the applicant wants to visit for medical treatment. The applicant must answer all the questions.
Documents Required for Conference e-Visa:
If you intend to apply for the Indian conference visa, you need to provide additional supporting documents along with the passport scan and the photograph. This includes:
- An invitation letter, event clearance, and political clearance.
- Political clearance must be issued by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs(MEA).
- The formal invitation letter should be from an NGO, specialized agencies, or institutions registered in India.
- Event clearance should be issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- The documents must be uploaded in PDF, JPG, or PNG format.
- The size of each document must not exceed the maximum limit of 3MB.
Remember that all the documents, including referral letters, invitation letters, and business cards, must be submitted in the English language. If you upload in your native language, there will be the risk of visa application rejection.
FAQs Relating To India Visa Documents:
The only documents you have to put in your hand luggage while traveling are your electronic travel authorization and in some cases your signed declaration form.
Your yellow fever vaccination card will be requested upon arrival at your chosen port in India, hence, you must travel with a valid vaccination card.
You won't be needing any hardcopy passport photograph for immigration clearance. The photo requirements are only for your online uploads.
In the place of a visiting card or a business card, you can justify the purpose of your business trip by making use of a letter issued from the company.